La Profesora Abstraída

Weblog of Michelle Dion, Assistant Professor in the Department of Political Science, at McMaster University. My blog has moved to michelledion.com/blog. Visit my other website.

Sunday, March 27, 2005




Interesting post on social security privatization in U.S.

Since I'm always interested in pension-related topics, I found this post on First Draft pretty interesting. Good to know that Cheney is getting hit hard by constituents. I know that several of the very pro-Bush Republicans in my life are firmly against privatizing social security.

Having researched and read a lot about the privatized pension systems in Mexico and elsewhere in Latin America, I'm very skeptical of Bush's plans. I've written to my Georgia congressmen, and they all send me form letters in response.

An interesting note about those, though. The form letters I received last fall from my Senators were all very pro-pension-privatization and talked about how much they supported Bush's plans. In February, when I emailed them again after Bush's state of the union address, those form email responses had changed. In the new versions, they still said they wanted a reform to social security to avert the 'crisis' but were vague on details and certainly did not mention their support for Bush's plan.


posted by Michelle @ 12:02 PM,

1 Comments:

At 3/27/2005 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get to work chel!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mexico City slideshow

Go to main page:

La Profesora Abstraída

About me:

Name: Michelle Dion
Location: Toronto, ON
View my complete profile
View my website

traducir este pagina

Previous Posts



Global Voices Online - The world is talking. Are you listening?

Archives