La Profesora Abstraída

Weblog of Michelle Dion, Assistant Professor in the Department of Political Science, at McMaster University. My blog has moved to michelledion.com/blog. Visit my other website.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005




Avoid mugging, the remix

Alex at Marginal Revolution has a short list of tips to avoid being mugged while in Lima. I like the coke bottle idea, but I always preferred to carry a styrofoam cup of extra hot coffee while in Mexico City.

I also second the idea of choosing who you ask for directions (for safety reasons), and in my experience you must ask at least 3 people and triangulate among the responses. Mexicans, at least, hate to appear unhelpful and will often give you directions when they have no idea where you want to go. After 2 or 3 experiences of this, you learn to double and triple check directions before you walk 10 blocks out of the way.

His tips are much easier to remember than the long list I offered for those traveling to the D.F.


posted by Michelle @ 9:43 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mexico City slideshow

Go to main page:

La Profesora Abstraída

About me:

Name: Michelle Dion
Location: Toronto, ON
View my complete profile
View my website

traducir este pagina

Previous Posts



Global Voices Online - The world is talking. Are you listening?

Archives