La Profesora Abstraída

Weblog of Michelle Dion, Assistant Professor in the Department of Political Science, at McMaster University. My blog has moved to michelledion.com/blog. Visit my other website.

Monday, May 29, 2006

Mexican stump speeches

Of course, La Jornada doesn't cover Calderon's stump speeches (which I'm assuming he does make--it can't all be slick tv ads, which BTW, continue to be pulled for being too negative), but it does cover those by the PRI's Madrazo and the PRD's Lopez Obrador. Recently, Madrazo has said that he has no role in the decision of some party leaders to suggest that supporters of the PRI vote for AMLO rather than Madrazo (this was something a recent commenter asked about). Almost as if in response, AMLO has said the door to his campaign is open to all but former president Salinas and a few other folks.

Here, on the other side, WaPo (thanks, Boz) Rueters is doing its share to damage AMLO's North American image.


posted by Michelle @ 10:27 AM,

3 Comments:

At 5/29/2006 11:30 AM, Blogger boz said...

That would be Reuters, not the Washington Post. The Post website runs a bunch of wire stories that never make it into the paper.

 
At 5/29/2006 11:37 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Thanks! I clearly wasn't paying close attention. md

 
At 5/29/2006 7:01 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Henry, I thought that Calderon's people met with Dick Morris, though they ultimately didn't hire him...but I could be mistaken.

I wouldn't call AMLO a saint, but he's probably not as bad as that Reuters article would have folks believe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mexico City slideshow

Go to main page:

La Profesora Abstraída

About me:

Name: Michelle Dion
Location: Toronto, ON
View my complete profile
View my website

traducir este pagina

Previous Posts



Global Voices Online - The world is talking. Are you listening?

Archives