La Profesora Abstraída

Weblog of Michelle Dion, Assistant Professor in the Department of Political Science, at McMaster University. My blog has moved to michelledion.com/blog. Visit my other website.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Profesora cited in Mexico City daily

Last week, I received a nice email from Jose Luis Reyna, a sociologist at Colmex whom I've never met. He wrote to tell me that he'd cited my research in an op-ed piece that he wrote for El Milenio.

The opinion piece discusses claims that the Secretary of Social Development is using social programs for the poor to earn votes for the PAN. He cites a 2000 paper in which I demonstrate that similar programs were used in the early 1990s to get votes for the PRI. His citation and quote:
El Pronasol de Salinas funcionó con criterios políticos más que asistenciales y no estuvo “dirigido a las estados o regiones más necesitados del país”. (M.Dion. “La economía política del gasto social: el programa de Solidaridad de México, 1988.1994”. Estudios Sociológicos Núm. 53, mayo-agosto de 2000).

Nifty, huh?


posted by Michelle @ 2:54 PM,

3 Comments:

At 6/19/2006 6:31 PM, Blogger Greg Weeks said...

That's awesome--everyone is obsessed with being cited, but this sort of citation is the most satisfying.

 
At 6/19/2006 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

 
At 7/02/2006 10:16 PM, Blogger La Madre said...

ROCK!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mexico City slideshow

Go to main page:

La Profesora Abstraída

About me:

Name: Michelle Dion
Location: Toronto, ON
View my complete profile
View my website

traducir este pagina

Previous Posts



Global Voices Online - The world is talking. Are you listening?

Archives