La Profesora Abstraída

Weblog of Michelle Dion, Assistant Professor in the Department of Political Science, at McMaster University. My blog has moved to michelledion.com/blog. Visit my other website.

Sunday, April 24, 2005




March of silence in support of AMLO

Today, a million (or more, according to some accounts) Mexicans marched from the equivalent of the White House to the main plaza in Mexico City in support of the Mayor, Lopez Obrador.


Image from El Universal


Image of Paseo de la Reforma from El Universal

Other images. Zocalo 1. Zocalo 2.

Of course, everyone was selling AMLO souvenirs along the way. Sorry to say, we did not get ours. Since the government had no problem deporting foreigners who participated in a Zapatista march years ago, I didn't want to risk showing my very gringa face near the Zocalo today. Though, in hindsight, they might not have noticed me in a group of 1.2 million.

More on his speech later.


posted by Michelle @ 7:47 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mexico City slideshow

Go to main page:

La Profesora Abstraída

About me:

Name: Michelle Dion
Location: Toronto, ON
View my complete profile
View my website

traducir este pagina

Previous Posts



Global Voices Online - The world is talking. Are you listening?

Archives