La Profesora Abstraída

Weblog of Michelle Dion, Assistant Professor in the Department of Political Science, at McMaster University. My blog has moved to michelledion.com/blog. Visit my other website.

Tuesday, May 03, 2005




Actors' strike declared illegal; cast member of Los Simpson let go

According to an article in La Jornada, the Secretary of Labor has declared illegal a strike by actors who dub foreign television shows. One of the cast members of Los Simpson was fired after working for the agency for 15 years. The actor also dubbed roles on He-Man and Transformers.

Los Simpson are much beloved in Mexico, though little understood, I think. The voices are good, but very different from their English equivalents. I've actually been to a party where Mexicans debated whether Los Simpsons was better in English or Spanish.


posted by Michelle @ 8:03 PM,

1 Comments:

At 5/04/2005 9:03 AM, Blogger WTOTW said...

That is a shame.

Tangential memory: When I was in Quebec, I got a big kick out of hearing Darth Vader say to Luke: "Je suis ton pere." The line had more impact in the original French (yes, everyone spoke French long ago in that galaxy far, far away...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mexico City slideshow

Go to main page:

La Profesora Abstraída

About me:

Name: Michelle Dion
Location: Toronto, ON
View my complete profile
View my website

traducir este pagina

Previous Posts



Global Voices Online - The world is talking. Are you listening?

Archives