La Profesora Abstraída

Weblog of Michelle Dion, Assistant Professor in the Department of Political Science, at McMaster University. My blog has moved to michelledion.com/blog. Visit my other website.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Yay! NYC!

Just took care of my APSA travel arrangements and plans for the rest of the holiday weekend in NYC! Yay! I haven't been there since I left in '94. When I was there as a student I was working (work study in the women's studies department, one of two high school secretaries for the JTS high school, and The Gap at 96th and Broadway) 20+ hours a week, so I didn't see much apart from work, the library, and the WBAR studio.

Due to mucked-up air travel to the Midwest in April, I had a free vouche--so Brian can come, too. And then, I think I have enough Hilton points and airline miles to get 2 free nights at a midtown Hilton. Of course, it took about two hours on the phone and web to figure out how to make it work.

NYC agenda: museums & a Yankees game

Book progress today: 2 pages, but the night is young.


posted by Michelle @ 11:43 PM,

2 Comments:

At 6/23/2006 12:54 AM, Blogger Brian said...

Frank Sr. : You know why the Yankees always win, Frank?
Frank Jr. : 'Cause they have Mickey Mantle?
Frank Sr. : No, it's 'cause the other teams can't stop staring at those damn pinstripes.

 
At 6/23/2006 1:41 PM, Blogger Chris Lawrence said...

Have fun at APSA and in NYC... me, I'll be avoiding Philly like the plague.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mexico City slideshow

Go to main page:

La Profesora Abstraída

About me:

Name: Michelle Dion
Location: Toronto, ON
View my complete profile
View my website

traducir este pagina

Previous Posts



Global Voices Online - The world is talking. Are you listening?

Archives