La Profesora Abstraída

Weblog of Michelle Dion, Assistant Professor in the Department of Political Science, at McMaster University. My blog has moved to michelledion.com/blog. Visit my other website.

Friday, July 07, 2006

Interview with Calderon

This interview is worth reading. I particularly like this point, made by Calderon:
It is more effective, in order to reduce migration, to build one kilometer of one highway in Guanajuato, than ten kilometers of the wall [in] Texas or Arizona.


posted by Michelle @ 5:38 PM,

2 Comments:

At 7/07/2006 10:34 PM, Blogger Chris Lawrence said...

The flaw in this otherwise brilliant plan: somehow I don't see the U.S. Congress (i.e. the folks who will take our money and use it to pay for the wall) ponying up to build a highway in Mexico.

 
At 7/08/2006 10:04 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I'm not sure he was being literal... I read it as 'promoting economic development in Mexico will do more to stop immigration than a wall.'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mexico City slideshow

Go to main page:

La Profesora Abstraída

About me:

Name: Michelle Dion
Location: Toronto, ON
View my complete profile
View my website

traducir este pagina

Previous Posts



Global Voices Online - The world is talking. Are you listening?

Archives