La Profesora Abstraída

Weblog of Michelle Dion, Assistant Professor in the Department of Political Science, at McMaster University. My blog has moved to michelledion.com/blog. Visit my other website.

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Tell it, Ann

Wow. Brian told me this morning about reading Ann Richards's DNC speech from 1988. It could have been given at this year's convention.

I had the opportunity to hear Ann Richards speak twice while in high school. She could have you giggling one minute and crying the next. I'll never forget her pointing out that its the same company that makes Sara Lee desserts and uncomfortable girdles and other undergarments to keep women 'slender.'

In any case, if you are too young or too senile to remember her address, I highly recommend revisiting it. She was a great Texan.


posted by Michelle @ 12:32 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home