La Profesora Abstraída

Weblog of Michelle Dion, Assistant Professor in the Department of Political Science, at McMaster University. My blog has moved to michelledion.com/blog. Visit my other website.

Thursday, March 31, 2005




Public Brewery

Was browsing the Public Brewery, hosted by Paul Brewer, professor, former classmate, funny guy, and now blogger. He has lots of nice posts about polls on all sorts of things, like social security, the use of DDT, and issues in the 2004 elections.

Of course, I'm partial to the more irrelevant references, like this one about William Shattner and the 2005 Presidential March Madness. I'm quite surprised that Condi beat out Powell and Elizabeth to get to the Elite Eight, but then I'm not a Republican and I don't study American politics, so what do I know?

Ahhh....Dark Chocolate

Drezner has this post about Dark Chocolate (and yes, it should always be capitalized).

If only this trend would make it down to Mexico, the birthplace of chocolate. Domestic chocolate has even more milk and sugar than regular Hershey's. Dark Chocolate cannot be found anywhere, not even imported versions. They import Swiss milk chocolate, but not one bar of Dark Chocolate. I even tried the local candy store in my neighborhood (pictured below, picture compliments of Brian).



It's a sad day when the birthplace of chocolate, Mexico, can't produce a decent bar of chocolate. [Note: several other places claim to be the birthplace of chocolate.]


posted by Michelle @ 9:32 PM,

2 Comments:

At 4/01/2005 4:15 PM, Blogger WTOTW said...

Thanks, Michelle. I hope that you have more work done on your Midwest paper than I have done on mine.

As for Mexico and chocolate, I have to ask: do folks there actually drink Mexican hot chocolate (which I love)? Or is that just a misnomer?

 
At 4/01/2005 5:22 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Glad to know I'm not the only one still working on their paper. (I am ashamed, ashamed, of myself!)

Yes, we drink lots of hot chocolate here in Mexico. Here's a pic of our favorite coffee/chocolate shop.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mexico City slideshow

Go to main page:

La Profesora Abstraída

About me:

Name: Michelle Dion
Location: Toronto, ON
View my complete profile
View my website

traducir este pagina

Previous Posts



Global Voices Online - The world is talking. Are you listening?

Archives