La Profesora Abstraída

Weblog of Michelle Dion, Assistant Professor in the Department of Political Science, at McMaster University. My blog has moved to michelledion.com/blog. Visit my other website.

Wednesday, May 04, 2005




Political doublespeak

In a press conference yesterday, Secretary of State Creel made clear that he does not intend to leave the cabinet, despite suggestions by the President's spokesperson to the contrary. This exchange followed:

La Jornada: -Cuándo dice usted que los tiempos del gobierno sólo los fija el Presidente, ¿está descalificando al vocero de la Presidencia de la República?

Creel: -Por eso lo dije de esa manera, con toda intencionalidad, porque de esto solamente habla el Presidente de la República, y nadie más, en función de los tiempos al interior del gobierno.

"No, I'm not contradicting the President's spokesman; I'm just saying something different."

Come. on.

The good news is, however, that Creel will push for an extended legislative session. They were going to decide on an extraordinary session today. This is good because it means that many of the people that I want to interview will stay in town that much longer. It is all about me, and my research, after all.


posted by Michelle @ 9:38 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mexico City slideshow

Go to main page:

La Profesora Abstraída

About me:

Name: Michelle Dion
Location: Toronto, ON
View my complete profile
View my website

traducir este pagina

Previous Posts



Global Voices Online - The world is talking. Are you listening?

Archives