La Profesora Abstraída

Weblog of Michelle Dion, Assistant Professor in the Department of Political Science, at McMaster University. My blog has moved to michelledion.com/blog. Visit my other website.

Thursday, July 14, 2005




Shame on you

You should know better.

Professor Nokes notes:
I notice I'm in last place for linked academic blogs in The Truth Laid Bear Academy Community. Just one question -- what's the deal with all the law and politics academic bloggers? Given just how much more we read and write in any given day, you'd think there'd be more good literary academic bloggers. Of course, there are some, but the field seems dominated by law and politics guys.
Uh-hummmm. "Guys"? Really, now. You were speaking figuratively, right?

In the meantime, maybe this link will give you a small boost. (smile)

Thanks, Paul, for bringing Nokes to our attention; we might not have noticed this post since he was in last place. You are a generous blogger to take note of lesser beings. (smile) [Note: This post should also help keep the politics 'guys' like Paul nearer the top of the list]


posted by Michelle @ 1:02 PM,

4 Comments:

At 7/14/2005 4:25 PM, Blogger WTOTW said...

As a Kentuckian, I was surprised that someone in Alabama would use the word "guys" in the first place.

 
At 7/15/2005 11:12 AM, Blogger Dr. Richard Scott Nokes said...

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

I used "guys" in the non-gendered sense of my homeland -- Indiana.

 
At 7/15/2005 11:22 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

I'm sure you did. I was just giving you a hard time. And it provided an entree for linking to your site. :)

 
At 7/15/2005 11:22 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mexico City slideshow

Go to main page:

La Profesora Abstraída

About me:

Name: Michelle Dion
Location: Toronto, ON
View my complete profile
View my website

traducir este pagina

Previous Posts



Global Voices Online - The world is talking. Are you listening?

Archives