La Profesora Abstraída

Weblog of Michelle Dion, Assistant Professor in the Department of Political Science, at McMaster University. My blog has moved to michelledion.com/blog. Visit my other website.

Monday, January 09, 2006

Where did those two weeks go?

Today is the beginning of the new semester, and I'm at my desk wondering where the last two/three weeks went. It seems that a lot of time was spent getting somewhere, and too little time spent enjoying the destination. I guess this is true for many families where parents divorce and everyone lives far enough apart to make visiting necessary but time consuming. Getting a five day cold/flu doesn't help either.

Luckily, I had time to attend the SPSA meetings last week--see a few panels and meet a few folks. I didn't see Munger or meet Steven Taylor, but as Chris pointed out, we had a nice breakfast at IHOP. (Who said I don't know the bumpin' Atlanta spots?) If I get minor demerits for being a Tar Heel, do I get bonus points for being a Longhorn? I bleed more burnt orange than baby blue, even during basketball season.

Now, I must scramble to finish syllabi, grant forms, and turn in my third-year review package. When I come up for air, I'll post about more substantive issues.


posted by Michelle @ 9:32 AM,

2 Comments:

At 1/12/2006 9:42 AM, Blogger Steven Taylor said...

It occurred to me as I was leaving that I should have looked for you. However, I sort did a whirlwind tour this time, so wasn't there much.

If you go to New Orleans next year, we will to make sure to meet.

 
At 1/16/2006 5:21 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I was too harried with getting back to ATL to coordinate much. Hopefully, we'll be more organized next time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home