La Profesora Abstraída

Weblog of Michelle Dion, Assistant Professor in the Department of Political Science, at McMaster University. My blog has moved to michelledion.com/blog. Visit my other website.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Life on the tenure track

I just finished this really short book. Though some of the experiences are more specific to those at predominantly teaching schools, many of them (such as figuring out how to get students discussing or how to understand department dynamics) are more universal for new faculty. I'd recommend the book to new faculty or advanced grad students. Some parts might also be good for senior faculty, some of whom can easily forget what it's like to be a newbie.


posted by Michelle @ 12:35 PM,

3 Comments:

At 11/12/2006 6:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the suggestion.

This might offer a useful glimpse into what an academic career would actually involve.

 
At 11/12/2006 11:08 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Milan...have you seen our job listing for S&T in international affairs?

 
At 11/13/2006 4:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I will actually need a doctorate before any such jobs will be possible.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mexico City slideshow

Go to main page:

La Profesora Abstraída

About me:

Name: Michelle Dion
Location: Toronto, ON
View my complete profile
View my website

traducir este pagina

Previous Posts



Global Voices Online - The world is talking. Are you listening?

Archives