La Profesora Abstraída

Weblog of Michelle Dion, Assistant Professor in the Department of Political Science, at McMaster University. My blog has moved to michelledion.com/blog. Visit my other website.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The night is young

I spent the last seven hours troubleshooting SPSS syntax files. I finally got them all recoded and merged into one megafile of almost 400K respondents from 15 multinational surveys between 1985 and 2004.

[Finally got that one file to work, though I'm not sure how. I removed all blank spaces in the file and coded all variables as scaler, and then it worked. Thanks Chris!]

Now, I'm back home with three new Buffy DVDs from Netflix (Discs 2-4 from Season 6) and a chocolate frosty from Wendy's. I'm ready for what Brian called a "Stats Party"! Let the fun begin!


posted by Michelle @ 10:23 PM,

3 Comments:

At 7/11/2007 10:31 AM, Blogger Greg Weeks said...

We political scientists really know how to party...

 
At 7/11/2007 6:43 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I was up until sunrise, and even sadder, it's the latest I've stayed up in about 7 years.

 
At 7/25/2007 11:40 AM, Blogger La Madre said...

spss is a four letter word

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mexico City slideshow

Go to main page:

La Profesora Abstraída

About me:

Name: Michelle Dion
Location: Toronto, ON
View my complete profile
View my website

traducir este pagina

Previous Posts



Global Voices Online - The world is talking. Are you listening?

Archives