La Profesora Abstraída

Weblog of Michelle Dion, Assistant Professor in the Department of Political Science, at McMaster University. My blog has moved to michelledion.com/blog. Visit my other website.

Friday, July 06, 2007

10th anniversary of the Mexican pension privatization

Earlier this week marked the 10th anniversary of the implementation of Mexico's privatized pension system. El Norte ran a couple of stories on the issues facing the pension system, including these two in which I am quoted.

This front page story appeared next to a photo of one of my favorite players on the Seleccion Mexicana, second only to Oswaldo. Since they both play for the Chivas, I might have to realign my futbol allegiances. Thank goodness they don't play for America because I don't think I could handle that.



For a couple of days, the first story was among the 5 most emailed stories on the Reforma website.



posted by Michelle @ 12:53 PM,

1 Comments:

At 9/21/2007 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. I came across your blog at Reforma.com. You have interesting stuff and I will be checking out your posts on Mexico. I suppose you like soccer and support Chivas. Why would anyone else have Omar Bravo as their favorite player?. If you ask, I am an Atlas fan...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mexico City slideshow

Go to main page:

La Profesora Abstraída

About me:

Name: Michelle Dion
Location: Toronto, ON
View my complete profile
View my website

traducir este pagina

Previous Posts



Global Voices Online - The world is talking. Are you listening?

Archives