La Profesora Abstraída

Weblog of Michelle Dion, Assistant Professor in the Department of Political Science, at McMaster University. My blog has moved to michelledion.com/blog. Visit my other website.

Thursday, April 28, 2005




Polling and social security

Paul has a very nice comparison of question framing, social security, and the interpretation of poll results at the Public Brewery. He shows how Fox frames questions in a way that is more likely to get responses in favor of Bush's plan, while ABC/WP pollsters have a more neutral frame. He also compares the leads used in the poll stories.

This is a very good example. I'm going to bookmark it for the next time I teach American Government in Comparative Perspective (yes, I do teach that occasionally, as strange as it seems).


posted by Michelle @ 7:30 PM,

2 Comments:

At 4/28/2005 9:43 PM, Blogger WTOTW said...

Heh. Thank you. Note that I never actually called the ABC/WP versions "neutral" in comparison to the FOX versions. Implied, maybe...

 
At 4/29/2005 9:09 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

You're right. That was my inference based on the wording and the response to the two questions (and the way you juxtaposed the two).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mexico City slideshow

Go to main page:

La Profesora Abstraída

About me:

Name: Michelle Dion
Location: Toronto, ON
View my complete profile
View my website

traducir este pagina

Previous Posts



Global Voices Online - The world is talking. Are you listening?

Archives