La Profesora Abstraída

Weblog of Michelle Dion, Assistant Professor in the Department of Political Science, at McMaster University. My blog has moved to michelledion.com/blog. Visit my other website.

Wednesday, May 04, 2005




I hate to say that I told you so....

But, I told you so.

I did.

Several times.

This afternoon, the Attorney General's office dropped the charges against Lopez Obrador. Citing the argument used by AMLO's lawyers, the AG's office claimed the penalties for disobeying a court order are not clear, though they still hold him responsible for the conflict.

ALMO interpreted the decision as a victory for the people.

The owner of the disputed land still plans to sue to receive compensation for the appropriation.

Goody. Now, maybe I can get some interviews done.

Score 1 for Dr. Dion. I should really be paid to predict these things.


posted by Michelle @ 11:53 PM,

2 Comments:

At 5/05/2005 11:45 AM, Blogger S said...

That's a good track record. Now for some other predictions: will AMLO be the next president? Who is the PAN candidate?

It would be great to see commentary on what's going on in the PRI as well. What's up with Madrazo?

Keep up the great commentary. Thanks.

 
At 5/05/2005 3:26 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Ok. Not ready to predict candidates or 2006 outcome yet, but will work on it. md

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mexico City slideshow

Go to main page:

La Profesora Abstraída

About me:

Name: Michelle Dion
Location: Toronto, ON
View my complete profile
View my website

traducir este pagina

Previous Posts



Global Voices Online - The world is talking. Are you listening?

Archives