La Profesora Abstraída

Weblog of Michelle Dion, Assistant Professor in the Department of Political Science, at McMaster University. My blog has moved to michelledion.com/blog. Visit my other website.

Monday, May 23, 2005




Why I wish I were still a Texan

Well, I will always be a Texan at heart.

But, this is another reason to wish I were still a legal Texan. I want to vote for Kinky. Kinky Friedman, the original Jewish Cowboy, is running for gubnor, if he can get on the ballot, that is. His campaign slogan is "Why the hell not?"

In Texas, you have to have a party, and though the Texas legislature is considering a Kinky bill, to enable him to run as an independent. (See the Libertarian Party of Texas's view on the law.)

His campaign site has a blog, where the most recent post is about the need to do something about immigrants dying to cross the border. But, his real campaign issue is in this post about animal rights. Kinky runs a pet rescue ranch, which Laura Bush has financially supported. (Kinky has visited the White House, too. Bush claims he's one of his favorite authors, but we won't hold that against Kinky.) Kinky wants to pass laws to require all animals to be spayed or neutered and to outlaw the de-clawing of cats. You'll find his politics (like his mystery novels) eclectic.

I think I'll keep tabs on this election as well as the Mexican presidential election in 2006. Thanks to Brian for keeping me posted.


posted by Michelle @ 7:52 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mexico City slideshow

Go to main page:

La Profesora Abstraída

About me:

Name: Michelle Dion
Location: Toronto, ON
View my complete profile
View my website

traducir este pagina

Previous Posts



Global Voices Online - The world is talking. Are you listening?

Archives