La Profesora Abstraída

Weblog of Michelle Dion, Assistant Professor in the Department of Political Science, at McMaster University. My blog has moved to michelledion.com/blog. Visit my other website.

Tuesday, June 07, 2005




Bolivian crisis

It appears that the crisis in Bolivia has flared up again, this time resulting in the President stepping down. Publius Pundit does a great job of linking to various news and blog sources on the crisis.

In all honesty, I haven't followed Bolivian politics, so I don't have much to add. (And I'm too distracted by work here in Mexico to read the necessary 15 news articles to form an informed opinion. At least, I'm honest.) Here are updates from BBC World and The NYTimes.

What is troubling is that this suggests a pattern of increasing instability of political regimes in the region. I'm thinking of the problems in Ecuador earlier this year.


posted by Michelle @ 10:06 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mexico City slideshow

Go to main page:

La Profesora Abstraída

About me:

Name: Michelle Dion
Location: Toronto, ON
View my complete profile
View my website

traducir este pagina

Previous Posts



Global Voices Online - The world is talking. Are you listening?

Archives