La Profesora Abstraída

Weblog of Michelle Dion, Assistant Professor in the Department of Political Science, at McMaster University. My blog has moved to michelledion.com/blog. Visit my other website.

Wednesday, June 22, 2005




EZLN on red alert

Over the last few days, the EZLN has issued a series of communiques through the press announcing that the leaders of rebel controlled areas would be going underground, that there has been a reorganization of the leadership to adapt to losses (due to prison, murder, or disappearance), and that accuse AMLO of being as bad as other politicians. It appears the EZLN may be preparing to mobilize again.



The communiques:
June 20, 2005

June 19, 2005

Sometime in early June, 2005


Business elites claim that Marcos is trying to influence the 2006 presidential elections.

Key rebel controlled areas are like ghost-towns, where all children have been evacuated and only the health clinics remain open.


posted by Michelle @ 6:26 PM,

1 Comments:

At 6/23/2005 11:21 PM, Blogger Chris Conway said...

Estimada Profesora Abstraída,

Thanks so much for this latest info on the EZLN. I don't stay as current as I should on them. For an upcoming course, I want to include something on the EZLN and the business community; but all of my info is out of date. Keep the updates coming!

Le tengo envidia...yo quisiera estar en México en vez de aquí!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mexico City slideshow

Go to main page:

La Profesora Abstraída

About me:

Name: Michelle Dion
Location: Toronto, ON
View my complete profile
View my website

traducir este pagina

Previous Posts



Global Voices Online - The world is talking. Are you listening?

Archives