La Profesora Abstraída

Weblog of Michelle Dion, Assistant Professor in the Department of Political Science, at McMaster University. My blog has moved to michelledion.com/blog. Visit my other website.

Monday, June 27, 2005




Mexican Supreme Court to consider "day after pill"

Though the Secretary of Health approved and issued instructions for the use of the day after pill as a means of contraception, a pro-life group went to the courts for an injunction (or something legally similar). According to the article, the group actually targeted all forms of birth control, including condoms. The Supreme Court has decided to review the case and several judges want the case to pass to a full panel.


posted by Michelle @ 12:04 PM,

2 Comments:

At 7/22/2005 1:15 PM, Blogger La Madre said...

that is funny i thought it was legal in Mexico. quite a few of my girlfriends in Mexico have bought it at their local pharmacies. In fact a couple weeks ago I went with a friend to pick it up.

 
At 7/22/2005 4:50 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

It is legal but lately several pro-life groups have mobilized to get it regulated or banned. I'm actually planning a post on this soon, since over the last 2-3 weeks, the leftist press has covered it quite closely. Since I haven't had regular internet access, I haven't had a chance to read and post the articles.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mexico City slideshow

Go to main page:

La Profesora Abstraída

About me:

Name: Michelle Dion
Location: Toronto, ON
View my complete profile
View my website

traducir este pagina

Previous Posts



Global Voices Online - The world is talking. Are you listening?

Archives