La Profesora Abstraída

Weblog of Michelle Dion, Assistant Professor in the Department of Political Science, at McMaster University. My blog has moved to michelledion.com/blog. Visit my other website.

Friday, August 05, 2005




Small miracles

I have officially finished the syllabi for both of my classes! Yay! I'm teaching graduate research-design-baby-stats (for the 3rd time and will do so indefinitely) and graduate IPE. IPE is my 7th new prep at Tech in 3 years. (I did one new prep as a Fulbrighter, too, but I'm not counting that. I'm actually starting my fourth year at Tech, if you can believe that.)

For IPE, I have uploaded the syllabus and all e-readings to our WebCT equivalent. For stats, I have uploaded the syllabus, all the homework assignments, all the data files for the homeworks, and all the instruction sheets for each of the four parts of their research projects. (I find uploading the homeworks ahead of time forces me to stay on schedule.) Whew.

I've also submitted all the book reserve requests to the library, not that students ever step foot in the library these days. Why...back when I was a student...we had to trudge over to the library...and then to the photocopy place....(you get the idea)

What a relief to be done with that chore. Now, I just need to finish unpacking and organizing my research materials.

Why am I so ahead of schedule? Because the week before classes, I will spend moving furniture from storage pods to our new (rental) home.


posted by Michelle @ 8:19 PM,

3 Comments:

At 8/06/2005 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's IPE?

agm

 
At 8/06/2005 2:54 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Sorry. International Political Economy. md

 
At 8/13/2005 10:28 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Syllabi, and all the readings are uploaded to the web, with copies in file folders organized by date for each class. Also, all the homework assignments for stats class are photocopied for the students and uploaded to the web.

Can you say "avoiding writing that book review essay"?

Also, I just read your post on organization, and I just implemented the GTD system. It has some virtues but requires committment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mexico City slideshow

Go to main page:

La Profesora Abstraída

About me:

Name: Michelle Dion
Location: Toronto, ON
View my complete profile
View my website

traducir este pagina

Previous Posts



Global Voices Online - The world is talking. Are you listening?

Archives