La Profesora Abstraída

Weblog of Michelle Dion, Assistant Professor in the Department of Political Science, at McMaster University. My blog has moved to michelledion.com/blog. Visit my other website.

Thursday, September 29, 2005




At 31, I am now OLD

Last night, Coldplay had a show in Atlanta, and several of my graduate students skipped stats class to go. (They turned in their homeworks and research paper questions first, though.)

I admit: I did not know who Coldplay is or what songs they sing. I googled them, and that was no help. The picture and album names on their website meant nothing to me. The students who were in class told me that Coldplay provides the WB most of its soundtrack. Still, no help; I hate even the ads for the O.C. [oops, that's on Fox] most shows on WB except Reba.

Brian, who I normally credit with keeping me up to date with pop culture, said he knows about Coldplay but never thought they were worth mentioning. [That is telling in itself.] Today, he sent me this. I guess it's ok that I missed Coldplay if they are already "played out."

But, I still feel old. I remember that when I was in high school, my dad did not "get" In Living Color, and I swore I never wanted to be so old, middle-class, and white that I didn't get it.

I guess that's what a PhD and working too hard will do that to you. Makes you old and out of touch before your time.


posted by Michelle @ 10:14 AM,

3 Comments:

At 9/29/2005 9:04 PM, Blogger La Madre said...

i'd rather never have heard of coldplay and have a phd in econ a job at a university and be able to travel and speak another language

 
At 9/30/2005 10:25 PM, Blogger WTOTW said...

Coldplay = watered-down Radiohead. All you need to know.

 
At 9/30/2005 10:26 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I think I'd like a PhD in Econ, too. They make way more than political scientists.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mexico City slideshow

Go to main page:

La Profesora Abstraída

About me:

Name: Michelle Dion
Location: Toronto, ON
View my complete profile
View my website

traducir este pagina

Previous Posts



Global Voices Online - The world is talking. Are you listening?

Archives