La Profesora Abstraída

Weblog of Michelle Dion, Assistant Professor in the Department of Political Science, at McMaster University. My blog has moved to michelledion.com/blog. Visit my other website.

Friday, February 03, 2006

ISSSTE reform

ISSSTE is the social security administration for public sector employees in Mexico. It is estimated that nearly 10% of the population has ISSSTE coverage for health care and other benefits. The Fox administration has been planning a pension reform for the ISSSTE system, and the proposal is now in committee in the Senate. Some unions are fiercely protesting the reform, while others are going along and seeking concessions at the margin.



You can read my paper about this reform and others. It has been translated into Spanish and will be published shortly in Foro Internacional in Mexico.


posted by Michelle @ 9:37 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mexico City slideshow

Go to main page:

La Profesora Abstraída

About me:

Name: Michelle Dion
Location: Toronto, ON
View my complete profile
View my website

traducir este pagina

Previous Posts



Global Voices Online - The world is talking. Are you listening?

Archives