La Profesora Abstraída

Weblog of Michelle Dion, Assistant Professor in the Department of Political Science, at McMaster University. My blog has moved to michelledion.com/blog. Visit my other website.

Friday, June 10, 2005




PRD on the move again

As I mentioned, PRD leaders met with leaders of the Partido de Trabajo. Earlier, I also posted a list of potential strategies of small parties like the PT.

But this article in El Universal suggests that the PRD is courting other unions directly, in addition to its talks with the UNT. According to the article, PRD leaders have also recently met with representatives of the SME, which is one of the oldest unions in Mexico, representing electricity workers. The SME also happens to belong to the UNT, which means that the PRD seems to be negotiating alliances on many levels. We'll have to wait to see what comes of it.


posted by Michelle @ 10:15 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mexico City slideshow

Go to main page:

La Profesora Abstraída

About me:

Name: Michelle Dion
Location: Toronto, ON
View my complete profile
View my website

traducir este pagina

Previous Posts



Global Voices Online - The world is talking. Are you listening?

Archives