La Profesora Abstraída

Weblog of Michelle Dion, Assistant Professor in the Department of Political Science, at McMaster University. My blog has moved to michelledion.com/blog. Visit my other website.

Monday, October 03, 2005




One down, two to go

Just sent off one set of revisions for a journal article. That leaves just one more revise and resubmit to finish (this week?).

Then there are the pesky two concluding paragraphs that I need to write for that book review essay. Then, I swear, no more book reviews for me. (I've done one for each of the top journals in my field...that's pleeenty.)

No substantive posting until I finish that essay.


posted by Michelle @ 1:51 PM,

4 Comments:

At 10/03/2005 3:11 PM, Blogger Chris Lawrence said...

I've got your last sentence for you:

"Despite its flaws, this book is an important contribution to the field."

Fill in the rest as needed.

 
At 10/04/2005 10:26 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

It's 'the rest' that's holding me up. It's actually an essay covering 5 books, so I need the last two paragraphs to say something smart about the group and what they contribute to our understanding of poverty and social policy in Latin America, yadda yadda yadda. grrr.

Will finish after I prep for class though.

 
At 10/04/2005 3:28 PM, Blogger La Madre said...

why are you pushing yourself so much?

 
At 10/07/2005 5:06 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Most of this work is my own fault; I made commitments to write certain things or make certain presentations. Now, they are all coming due at once so it's been a hectic two weeks. Add to that several non-research work meetings on campus and hand-holding of some of my students through their own research projects, and it's kept me pretty busy. I like the work at least.

On the other hand, I would like to have time for other stuff (like a life), too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mexico City slideshow

Go to main page:

La Profesora Abstraída

About me:

Name: Michelle Dion
Location: Toronto, ON
View my complete profile
View my website

traducir este pagina

Previous Posts



Global Voices Online - The world is talking. Are you listening?

Archives