La Profesora Abstraída

Weblog of Michelle Dion, Assistant Professor in the Department of Political Science, at McMaster University. My blog has moved to michelledion.com/blog. Visit my other website.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

It sucks to be this....close

To having a paper accepted by one of the big 3 with summary comments from two reviews like:
Publish and minor revisions. I think the revisions would be pretty modest and should be easily manageable.

...and...
I think this is a very good and interesting contribution to the literature on social policy in Latin America and the developing world more broadly. I suggest that the author be given the chance to revise and resubmit based on the aforementioned suggestions.
Only to be derailed by reviewer #3. What did I ever do to him or her?

UPDATE 2/15, 2:15pm: I've already made the revisions suggested by and addressed the concerns of the reviewers and sent the manuscript on to another journal.


posted by Michelle @ 4:07 PM,

5 Comments:

At 2/13/2007 10:18 PM, Blogger Chris Lawrence said...

Ouch. Been there, done that... I think the strategic voting paper I sent to APR came back like that too, but I'm too lazy to check the envelope with the reviews at present.

 
At 2/14/2007 1:16 PM, Blogger Greg Weeks said...

Bummer, but that should mean it can be quickly turned around and still accepted by a good journal.

 
At 2/15/2007 9:57 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Yes, a bummer. But comments were super easy to address and it will be back out the door today. It especially sucks when the only negative review seems to be from someone who doesn't necessarily know your case well.

 
At 3/15/2007 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been there doing that I feel your pain!

 
At 12/22/2023 10:55 AM, Anonymous Carta Staph said...

Very nice posst

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mexico City slideshow

Go to main page:

La Profesora Abstraída

About me:

Name: Michelle Dion
Location: Toronto, ON
View my complete profile
View my website

traducir este pagina

Previous Posts



Global Voices Online - The world is talking. Are you listening?

Archives