La Profesora Abstraída

Weblog of Michelle Dion, Assistant Professor in the Department of Political Science, at McMaster University. My blog has moved to michelledion.com/blog. Visit my other website.

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Adventures in OSS computing

Time to get both R and WinEdt installed and working properly on my Vista laptop: 2+ hours.

I'm guessing it will be another 5 to produce the scatterplot with confidence intervals that has led me to R in the first place.

I've never listed statistical software on my CV before. I always assumed that folks would know that I'm proficient at various packages if I use various methods in my research and teach a graduate level baby-stats course. But, if my progress with R goes how I think it is likely to go, I can now understand the temptation to add it to your CV--that is, something that takes so much time should get its own line.

Update: I gave up. I found a package in Stata that will do what I need. Also, I discovered that the iTunes download of Season 3 of Veronica Mars is what ate all my laptop disk space--a mystery that has been plaguing me for a couple of weeks.

Update 2: I am the Stata graph master!


posted by Michelle @ 2:17 PM,

1 Comments:

At 12/06/2007 5:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you share the package in Stata that will do that? Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mexico City slideshow

Go to main page:

La Profesora Abstraída

About me:

Name: Michelle Dion
Location: Toronto, ON
View my complete profile
View my website

traducir este pagina

Previous Posts



Global Voices Online - The world is talking. Are you listening?

Archives